Friday, February 3, 2017

Treasure Cay

Pink N Blue blog was designed to be a sailing blog about cruising and living from two points of view, that has pretty much evolved into a pink blog with me venting endlessly about all the fun and cool stuff we do and see. I can’t help it, this adventurous girl is often a little loud, a little reckless and likes to be kept busy.




Sometimes Marc takes a backseat role in our adventures, but really he is the front seat driver. Marc keeps this machine going wether it’s sailing related or Linda related. My romance with Marc has always been fun, and a life full of pleasant surprises.

Treasure Cay, Great Abaco Island was one of those pleasant surprises. We have never seen such a beautiful beach, three miles of natural awe created of white sand and blue sky. A fantastic place to vacation if you’re running from the cold north for a week or two. But, the real delight for us here was exploring in the marsh on the west side just outside the harbour canal.

Of course, I never make Marc’s life easy. I can turn a simple exploration into a full out event. When is high tide? Can we go at day break? We should video tape this, is the GoPro charged. “Sharks, I need to see sharks”. He's pretty understanding even when my ideas are so irrational they are borderline ridiculous. Best of all though he gives me strength to live on the edge of my comfort zone, which can be kind of scary or bizarre to people who aren't the same way, seriously someone said there are hammer heads in there. 

Up early, coffee, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in hand, off we go. We poke about the marsh for hours, Marc points out spotted rays and turtles, while I squeal in excitement. We drift with the current, listen to birds, gather some really bad GoPro footage. It was a beautiful morning, a beautiful experience. And yes we spotted two sharks though they move way faster than us and they were probably more shocked to see us, than us them. 

So I guess where I wanted to go with this blog was to say thanks to my captain, without Marc I would never have been here, never had the courage to fill dreams past and present. Marc made this ok stop into something fun and interesting. I think loving Marc is the best adventure I’ve ever had. 



1 comment:

  1. Very nice Linda....it does take 2 ❤ to have a great adventure like you guys...

    ReplyDelete